Regrets in Life

Life Story by Daniel | Sunday, August 05, 2007 | 0 comments »

There is no such thing as a life without any regrets.

No matter big or small, it will be a memory that lives in our mind forever.

Just like a quote I came across recently, “Many of us crucify ourselves between two thieves - regret for the past and fear of the future.”.

When you regret about a certain decision you made in the past, in present if you come across the same situation again, you fear of making another decision which will turn out wrong or has a bad outcome.

Just like Love, some people fear the feeling of falling in Love, or even admiring someone.

In the past, I did once fear the feeling of falling in Love with someone. Or I should say, afraid of giving promise to the person I Love.

So what caused these fear? The answer is Regrets.

I regret that I made a wrong decision at that point of time and hurt someone I Love.

Especially when I could hear her crying over the phone a few days later after my ‘decision’.

I feel like a sinner who had made the biggest mistake in the world.

I started to doubt about my decision, starting to regret making this decision which caused pain to someone I actually care about.

This ‘Regret’ haunted me for years, as I no longer have the courage to give promises or commit to a relationships.

Few years later, which is now, I finally moved on. She did too =)

I’m happy for her that she find someone who truly loves her, and I too got someone I’m willing to do anything for just to see her smile (^_^)

Sometimes people regrets about certain decision that affects their present and future.

I too regret that I didn’t study hard enough when I was still a student, haha.

But this is already a fact, no matter how much you blame yourself.

So don’t let regrets become either burdens that interfere with your present happiness and restrict your future, or motivation to move forward.

Theres too many decision point in our path of Life, and how do we know if the certain decision we made wont cause any regret?

There is no way we could tell, as no one can foresee what will happen in future.

But i would much rather have regrets about not doing what people said, than regretting not doing what my heart led me to and wondering what life had been like if I'd just been myself.

What are your regrets in Life and what are your beliefs in making decision that wont cause regrets?



Found this article useful?
Mention us in your post, subscribe to our feed, link to us, or bookmark this site.
Thanks for your support!

Digg Technorati del.icio.us Stumbleupon Reddit Blinklist Furl Spurl Yahoo Simpy

0 comments