Mommy, I had a bad dream

Life Story by Daniel | Wednesday, December 26, 2007 | 2 comments »

'Mommy, I had a bad dream…'

Does this sentence sound familiar?

This is what we used to tell our mum whenever we had nightmares when we are young.

Nightmares

How often do you have one?

I've just had one last night, and in fact, I often had nightmares.

Nightmares are unpleasant dreams that awaken a dreamer from sleep.

Often I will just sit up, panting and wondering if what had happened in my dream was real.

What kind of nightmares do you normally have?

Last night, I dream about being chase, by what I do not know either.

In my dream, I just kept running, climbing and finding place to hide.

If dream reflects about what's happening in life, does it mean I'm running or hiding from something in life?

'Chase dreams may represent your way of coping with fears, stress or various situations in your waking life.'

Instead of confronting the situation, I'm actually running away and avoiding it?

If dream reflects about what I fear or sad about in life.

Maybe I should ask myself 'who' is the one chasing me and gain some understanding on the source of my fears and pressure.



Falling dreams are another theme that is quite common in the world of dreams.

Sometimes people will just wake up when they are 'falling', in fact the feeling of 'falling' is so real that it cause people to wake up.
We feel our whole body jerk or twitch and we awaken from this jerk.

'Falling is an indication of insecurities, instabilities, and anxieties. You are feeling overwhelmed and out of control in some situation in your waking life.

Falling dreams also often reflect a sense of failure or inferiority in some circumstance or situation. It may be the fear of failing in your job/school, loss of status, or failure in love.'

In fact, all these are just signs of lack-of-confidence.

If you often have such dream, believe more in yourself.
Take pride in everything you do, and don't feel ashame if you are not able to compare up to others.
Everyone in this world exist for a purpose, you have your strong points too. (Although you might not discover it yet)



We all have had nightmares at various parts in our lives. They are quite normal.

The distinction of a nightmare from dreams is its frightening and/or emotional content.

You tend to wake up in fear in the midst of a nightmare.
Because of its frightening nature, you tend to remember your nightmares and the vivid details.

They have a bigger impact upon your waking mind and its images stay with you throughout the day.
(Mine often did, and I'll be moody for the day)

But don't hate it, in fact if there's a reason for everything that exist in this world, there must be one too for nightmare.

One reason that I always belief in is, nightmares may be a way of our unconscious to get our attention about a situation or problem that we have been avoiding.

It is time to take notice and confront the problem or situation!

Nightmares serve an important purpose in showing you what is troubling you from within you deeper levels.

Don't be afraid of nightmares.

Discussing, analyzing, and understanding your nightmares can lead to a solution for some problem, internal conflict or personal difficulty.

By doing it might also helped in improving your day to day life.

So what did you dream about last night?



Found this article useful?
Mention us in your post, subscribe to our feed, link to us, or bookmark this site.
Thanks for your support!

Digg Technorati del.icio.us Stumbleupon Reddit Blinklist Furl Spurl Yahoo Simpy

2 comments

  1. Shane Vander Hart // December 27, 2007 at 10:03 AM  

    What if you never remember your dreams?

  2. Lisa Johnson // December 30, 2007 at 2:36 PM  

    I usually have very vivid dreams and unfortunately vivid nightmares too. I don't remember what I dreamt last night though. One of the nicest dream experiences I've had was waking up giggling! I have no idea what I was dreaming, but I guess it was funny. And I was in a really good mood after that. ; )