I Do Not Want This To Happen!

Life Story by Daniel | Monday, December 03, 2007 | 7 comments »

Recently I came across a very interesting article which I hope to share with my Buen Amigo =)

The experts say that your unconscious doesn't pay attention to the negating factor, the 'NOT', in sentences like the title of this post.

Knowing that, do any of these following scenarios pertain to you and your thoughts?

Someone you know has fallen on some bad times, and their business goes under.
Do you find yourself thinking, "Oh, I hope that doesn't happen to me."

An older person you know has fallen and broken her hip, and you see how much pain she's in.
Do you find yourself thinking, "Oh, I hope that doesn't happen to me."

You watch the news and see that a person was high-jacked, that some people were injured in an earth quake, that someone was killed in a driveby shooting.
"Oh, I hope that doesn't happen to me." Or even, "I'm glad that's not me."



Your unconscious doesn't pay attention to the negating factor, the 'NOT'.

That being the case, what are you continually saying to yourself, if you say the above sentences?
Take the NOT out and see what you may have said to yourself more times than you can count. "Oh, I hope that does happen to me!"

That may not be what you were thinking, but it is what your unconscious mind was hearing.

If you tell a two-year-old, "Don't eat that cookie."

What is the two-year-old hearing? "Eat that cookie!"
(Actually, the two-year-old just hears cookie. That's what his mind is focused on.)

If you say to yourself, "I'm not going to eat that second piece of cake" what are you hearing? "I'm going to eat that second piece of cake."
(Your mind is actually focused on the object you are thinking about.)

That is usually proven by the fact that you do eat that second piece of cake.

Change your life around.

If you find yourself saying anything like the above sentences, the minute you realize you are about to say it, change it to "I am so happy I am safe." Or, "I am so happy I am healthy."

If you feel you are being selfish saying that, in light of other people's bad fortune, change it.

How about "I am so happy I am healthy, and they (whoever you had read or heard about) are getting better and better."



Watch the words you say.

If they aren't stating something you would like, change them until they do.

Take charge of your future.

Make sure the words you are saying aren't describing your yesterdays.

Make sure they are forecasting the tomorrows you want.

Try it out and you might get unexpected result =)

How about if you try it out right now?



Found this article useful?
Mention us in your post, subscribe to our feed, link to us, or bookmark this site.
Thanks for your support!

Digg Technorati del.icio.us Stumbleupon Reddit Blinklist Furl Spurl Yahoo Simpy

7 comments

  1. h@n| // December 3, 2007 at 3:34 PM  

    Yep...according to my friend, that's what they studied in Early Childhood course.

  2. businesscreditcards // December 3, 2007 at 3:52 PM  

    I agree! good post indeed.

  3. EeHai // December 5, 2007 at 6:32 PM  

    Hi,
    Saying positive words both verbally and mentally helps in a positive outlook to life. I fully agree with you in taking charge of our future. Nice blog!
    Do visit my math blog at www.limeehai.com. Thanks

  4. steven wilson // December 10, 2007 at 6:54 AM  

    a very interesting post you have here.positive thought's,and word's are an important part of one's well being.
    steven

  5. Maria // December 12, 2007 at 12:47 AM  

    in anyway we can, we should be positive with things, with our actions and even with our words. and by that we can influence others to practice the same attitude.nice post.

    it's icka.u're blog has changed much.better.like it.

  6. Lance // December 12, 2007 at 1:13 PM  

    Hey, I'd like to exhange links. Awesome blog!
    Blessings,
    Lance
    www.lancessoulsearching.com
    Email me at
    jgargus2@comcast.net
    if you want too.

  7. Jay a.k.a. 'Dat' // December 13, 2007 at 12:58 AM  

    unfortunately, i can "say" it as much as i want but will it happen?

    Jay
    DatMoney.com
    DatCurious.com