DeNile River

Life Story by Daniel | Thursday, August 21, 2008 | 0 comments »

Do you spend your life floating on 'denial' river?
Do you deny things you're able to achieve?
Do you THINK things are tough, so you don't do them?

'I can't do that', 'I can't use the computer', and ‘I can't take over that project'.

You feel you're too busy, so you deny yourself the chance to discover and to live a full life.

It's your thoughts that keep you where you are or take you where you desire to go.
Suss out ALL negative thoughts and see if they really apply to the situation.
If you don't, you could end up like the man in the mountains who went to find a guru in the following story:

He climbed the mountain, found the guru and asked, "Guru, my mother-in-law has just moved in with us. We live in a one room hut. What am I to do? I hate my mother-in-law."

The guru says, "Do you have a goat?"
The man says, "Yes, I have a goat."

"Move the goat into the hut with you. Come back and see me in a week."
The man leaves, does the guru's bidding, and comes back in a week.

"Guru, things didn't get better. They got worse. I not only have my mother-in-law in the hut with us, but now we have a goat. I really hate my mother-in-law."

The guru responds, "Do you have chickens?"
"Yes, I have chickens."

"Move the chickens into the hut with you. Come back and see me in a week."
The beleaguered man leaves to do the Guru's bidding. He comes back in a week.

"Guru, I cannot stand it. Matters are unquestionably worse. I now not only have my mother-in-law, whom I hate, in the hut with us, but now we have a goat AND chickens. I really, really hate my mother-in-law."

The guru says, "Do you have a pig?"
The man sighed. "Yes, I have a pig."

"Move the pig into the hut with you. Come back and see me in a week."
The lost man leaves to do the Guru's bidding. He comes back in a week.

"Guru, I cannot stand it. Matters have gotten much worse. I now not only have my mother-in-law, whom I truly hate, in the hut with us, but now we have a goat AND chickens AND a pig. I really, truly hate my mother-in-law."

The guru says, "Do you have kittens?"
The man's eyes dart around miserably. "Yes," he answers. "I have kittens."

"Put the kittens in the hut with you. Come see me in a week."
The poor, dejected man leaves. He comes back in a week.

"Guru, please. It has gotten worse and worse. I now not only have my mother-in-law, whom I cannot tell you how much I hate, in the hut with us, but now we have a goat AND chickens AND a pig AND kittens. I really, truly hate my mother-in-law. I'm serious."

The guru says, "Do you have a dog?"
The man's eyes went up to the sky. When he found no divine help there, he sighed. "Yes, I have a dog." His shoulders shuddered at what, by now, he knew the guru would say.

"Put the dog in the hut with you. Come back in a week."
The poor, dejected man leaves. He comes back in a week.

"Guru, I cannot take it anymore. I have not only my mother-in-law in the hut with us, but now we have a goat AND chickens AND a pig AND kittens AND a dog." He shook his head. A tear trickled down both his cheek, because he knew the guru was going to say something dreadful.

The guru smiled. "Now, take out all the animals. Come and see me in a week."
The bewildered man blinked in confusion as he left. He came back in a week.

His step was spry, his smile wide. "Hello, Guru," he called before he even arrived to the top of the mountain. "It's a beautiful day."

The guru asked, "And how is your mother-in-law, my son?"
"Oh, you mean that fine lady living with us? Truthfully, she is not so bad."

The guru said, "You’ve learned much, my son."

Sometimes in life, we need to KNOW things actually isn't so bad, before we can travel the road to success.



Found this article useful?
Mention us in your post, subscribe to our feed, link to us, or bookmark this site.
Thanks for your support!

Digg Technorati del.icio.us Stumbleupon Reddit Blinklist Furl Spurl Yahoo Simpy

0 comments