Aging and Death

Life Story by Daniel | Tuesday, November 13, 2007 | 8 comments »

Have you ever wonder how old will you live till?

How old would your parents live till?

As times goes by, while I'm going step by step into adulthood and independence, my parents are growing older too.

Signs of aging are starting to show on their faces and the hardship they went through when they are young are taking effect on their body.



I've never lose someone important to me in my Life before.

When I see the effects of Time and Aging, I start to Fear.

I've never experience the feeling of losing someone Important and I don't want to experience it ever!
(Don’t think I have a choice isn’t it? Haha)

I've tried imagining, in future, how will my Life be if that someone Important is gone.
But I just couldn't.

Have you ever lose someone Important to you?

How does it feel?

How long it takes for you to forget the pain?

These are the Answer that I'm still seeking yet Fear to find out.



I've seen how my Mum cried when my Grandfather passed away.

It’s been years but I still remember, the scene had engraved into my mind.

The kind of sorrow, sadness and feeling of losing someone so important.

Someone who had been supporting you since the day you came to this world, supporting you both physically and mentally.

No words can ever describe those feelings.

My heart ached when i saw my Mum crying with such pain.

Although Life must still goes on, but the pain won't go away, it will stay inside the heart forever.

Even till now, when my Mum mentions about my Grandfather, I still could see tears in her eyes.



Although I’m not very close to my Grandfather, but when he passed away, somehow certain forces or feelings made me cried.

Tears just flow out of my eyes, like a broken tap in the bathroom, there’s no way you could stop it.

Because of such experience, I couldn’t imagine what will happen if the person is someone who’s really close to me.

It’s also because of such Fear that made me treasure people around me a lot.

Especially my parent, who gives me all the support and made me who I am today.

Do you have such Fear too?

Care to share your point of view on the Answers I’m seeking for?

Last but not least, I dedicate this post to those who loses someone important before especially my Mum =)



Found this article useful?
Mention us in your post, subscribe to our feed, link to us, or bookmark this site.
Thanks for your support!

Digg Technorati del.icio.us Stumbleupon Reddit Blinklist Furl Spurl Yahoo Simpy

8 comments

  1. Patrick // November 14, 2007 at 12:36 AM  

    Buen! As always your words are like poetry. No one is ever really gone from us because we're all one-- ever connected. We just forget because we're too involved in the world. If you can get very quiet, still and breathe, you can hear their whisper. Remembering the ones you love keeps them alive forever.

  2. cotojo // November 14, 2007 at 12:57 AM  

    The memories remain so they are never really gone. I lost my best buddy when we were 18 yr old soldiers, 9 years later my father died in my arms, and 9 years after that my mother died.
    In each case it can seem like only yesterday, laughing, joking, yet although they and many of my fiends are no longer here physically, they are here within me, my memories :)

    You have an award to collect at:http://grottynosh.wordpress.com/2007/11/13/332/
    Congratulations, have a good day :)

    Colin

  3. Benita Moreles // November 14, 2007 at 10:50 AM  

    Yes Buen, I agree with you. I too haven't lost anyone really close to me yet. Sometimes I do feel that I won't feel the sorrow since I'm not exactly 'really close' to anyone I know. Certain bad experiences made me stop trusting and depending on people.

    But you never know what you got till it's gone yes? So I believe that losing someone - the sorrow - it's inevitable. But just so you know, the life must go on thereafter. If it's someone you really admire and look up to, he/she will always be there in you heart.

    -*- MindBlogger

  4. dw // November 14, 2007 at 10:17 PM  

    i've always thought of age...it scares me...went back hometown recently...saw my parents and relatives aged...they did...like what you said in your article...that's when i realize i need to appreciate people around me more...not that i'm saying i never, it's just that it became more and more concrete what 'love ones' mean to me when my sister started living abroad...i lost a friend before... really hurts alot...really hurts...i tried imagining losing my mom and dad...i torn my heart apart real bad...my parents really aged...it really show in their faces what every adult has gone through throughout their lives...the thing in life i love most is the ones closest to me in my lives...i'll try my very best to make sure they're ok and try to repay what they have given to me in life...i appreciate them more than life itself...i really can't lose them now...it breaks every single piece of me...it takes almost a decade to get over that kinda feeling you know...i get close to anyone who i encounter with...even though it's awhile but every second counts...my family, relatives, friends and even my pet...haha...

    ya no words can ever describe those feelings...life is short...so be around when the peeps around u needs u the most in life ^^

    thanx for posting this article, really need it ...

  5. itot54joni // November 15, 2007 at 5:11 AM  

    live life to the fullest!!!thats what they always say.but now some do not want to look old.they resort to surgery just to save their beauty.but the fact is were all gonna die anyway.

  6. Deana E // November 15, 2007 at 8:26 AM  

    i dreaded the day when i received news that someone in the family had passed away..i hope my parents will live longer..they are in the 50s

  7. Hollymb // November 15, 2007 at 8:49 AM  

    It is scary when you look at what life can bring, but you would be surprised at how strong it can make you. The 3rd year anniversary of my father passing is in a little more then a week and there is still not a day that I don't think of him.

  8. footiam // November 18, 2007 at 11:55 PM  

    I am linking you up to my Impermanent World post, http://impermanentworld.blogspot.com