It's Never Too Late For Love

Life Story by Daniel | Saturday, January 05, 2008 | 2 comments »

I want it.
I want to claim a love for myself.
A love that is felt beyond a shadow of a doubt.
I want to be a craving that can’t be satisfied, a thirst that can’t be quenched.
I think I want to live either in a country music song or a movie.
They make it seem like you can just have it, no big deal.
If only we could say "cut – do it again".

I took love for granted.
I thought it came to all of us.
That we naturally grow up, fall in love, and live happily ever after.

As much as I scorn the movie industry or songs on the radio that portray a dream-like world I find myself wishing to have such a mystical experience.

Like how many times is a woman kissed, in real life, with a man caressing her face? Or how many people take time out of their hectic day to stop and appreciate the loved ones in their lives?
And you almost never see couples living their lives as if today were their last.

How often does a man and woman enjoy sharing an intimate experience realizing all the levels of sharing there is to be enjoyed?
Do they see into one another’s soul?
Do they truly communicate on every channel?

I want to propose a thought – what if tomorrow never came?
How many regrets would you have?
Would your list include – waking up in the morning with your loved one but you didn’t say "good morning" and share precious time cuddling.

I can’t think of a better way to start a day.
Nope, you probably jumped up running late for work and were lucky to offer a few grunts as you scurried around the house.

There’s tonight or tomorrow to spend that quality moment with the one I care about – right?
Your list of regrets may include, but not limited to, taking out the garbage, mowing the lawn, sewing the button back on his work shirt, carrying out any number of domestic promises.
They are important but I don’t think they’d rank up in the category of regret if tomorrow never comes?

I would regret parting without saying, "I love you".
I would yearn for one more hug, kiss, cuddle, shared laugh, deep conversation.
I would regret if the person I love were to leave this place without knowing that I cherished her and loved her with all my heart.

There is so much uncertainty in this world – does it have to affect our relationships too?
I don’t believe so.

For me, I live as if today could be my last.
I don’t assume I’ll have unlimited days to feel, experience, share all that I want with the ones I care about.

Sometimes hearing and feeling how loved I am can make all the difference in my day.

It hurts, literally, to see people taking for granted what they have.

I wish there were a magic wand I could wave over the world and have everyone stop, reflect, love and be sure to enjoy the many blessings love bestows upon us.
I wish I could say its never too late – but it could be one of these days.

This article is for my Love who's currently overseas.

Just wanted to let her know...



Found this article useful?
Mention us in your post, subscribe to our feed, link to us, or bookmark this site.
Thanks for your support!

Digg Technorati del.icio.us Stumbleupon Reddit Blinklist Furl Spurl Yahoo Simpy

2 comments

  1. Sofia // January 6, 2008 at 5:42 AM  

    You words are perfect here. Love can be taken from us in an instant and the regret is so immense and life changing. Until recently, I never thought I could love again. Could God have ironically shown me that I could find love again with my "only love's" brother after all these years? I swore if I ever did find LOVE I would savor each moment as if it were the last! My heart is burning. I don't even want to wash his scent off my body. It's so painful to think of parting. I can't think. But I know that it's real, yet impossible at the same time.

  2. h@n| // January 10, 2008 at 9:49 AM  

    awwww =)